Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Home again home again, jiggity jig!

  Well, I have been home from Market for over a week now and I am finally caught up on everything sort of.   

   Market was overwhelming great!  I stayed at a really nice hotel called Melia Atlanta.  It was modern and had a Starbucks in the lobby (they had me at Starbucks!). 

photo (2)  I arrived on Thursday afternoon and got off one stop too early on the Marta (Atlanta’s public transportation) and had to walk a few blocks.  I like walking but it was a balmy 95 degrees out and I worked up quite a sweat; very pretty.   I got all my stuff settled in and then went looking for a few of my industry friends.  They were having dinner at Two Urban Licks.  The food was delicious and the mojito was even better!

  Friday I went to the AmericasMart first thing in the morning (after getting my Starbucks in the lobby of course.)  I was armed with myMarketplan; thank goodness.  AmericasMart has this wonderful tool on their website called myMarketplan; you put all the exhibitors you want to visit on the list and it puts their building number, floor number and booth number.  It’s a good thing too; look at this picture!  This is just one of the three buildings!  Overload!!

photo (3)

So you can see why I said it was overwhelming.  I do love it though!  I did get to see all of the exhibitors I wanted to see and I found a few new ones too.  I did find some very cute Christmas stockings and will be posting them closer to the holidays. 

  I just want to show you one more picture.

photo

Doesn’t look like much does it?   Just a nice soup and salad from Panera, right?  Guess how much it cost me.   $17.00!! And that does not include my water!  Bought my lunch in the mart and that is the price you pay for convenience; I guess.  Just had to share!  I did taste good though…

  Thanks for stopping by,

The Cricket

PS Follow me on Pinterest; send me an email for your Pinterest invite.

1 comment:

  1. I paid $15 for two coffees and two bagels!!! Sure was fun seeing you in Hotlanta! Sorry I missed you on Saturday--I was out in the cheese maze trying to hunt down some reasonably-priced food!

    ReplyDelete